Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Day 02: You are not an accident

I really like this chapter. Over the years I have discovered that there are considerable numbers of people who have regarded themselves as 'unwanted' or 'accidental' children. It is a demoralising mood to carry through life. 'The Purpose Driven Life' (from now on TPDL) deals well with this constant pain.

The chapters all have a 'question to consider' and this chapter's question is...

"Knowing that God uniquely created me, what areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling with?"

I'm a little uneasy with this question. If this book is intended for 'new readers' I am anxious that some may confuse personality with sin-states. Perhaps this will become clearer later. As it is this assertion that we are not superfluous to requirements but part of God's intention is much needed in our 'bin-it' age. So far, so good.

If you would like to comment or disagree with this blog you can join the Biblebase Discussion Forums. See you there.